Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am Indonesian.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

It has been 65 years since our founding fathers proclaimed Indonesia as a nation..
It has been 65 years since our people shouted their voices of triumph and victory..
And it has been 65 years this nation learned.

This morning, I was invited to attend the 17/08 ceremony at the governor's office field. As what you expect to see, there were governmental officers, generals, and of course, the "pasukan pengibar bendera." I noticed that this was an annual ceremony tradition which always has to be "preserved" as the year goes by. Nevertheless, I noticed something different. Particularly, this year, this time, this moment. It was the moment when I put my right hand on the edge of my right's eyebrow and both of my eyes started to follow every single movement of that thing. That thing which was being struggled for over years. Bendera Merah Putih. I was thinking, what's so special about this rectangular form, coloured with red-white painting without any picture in it?

I was drowned into my own imagination and I saw this: my own face. It was in the flag! I am Indonesian. I pictured it myself! You can do it too, friends. Look at the red-white prestigious flag and draw yourself there. I have to do something for this nation. I really have to, or else my picture wouldn't mean a single thing.

I am truly Indonesian. :)

2 comments:

  1. hey grace, i found your blog on google
    nice to read your blog here. keep blogging before famous :D

    main-main ke blog gua juga ya grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lah, kirain grace siapa kok kyknya pernah liat,
    ternyata mbak grace toh,
    hha,

    ReplyDelete